Connect Groups Study Notes
“Wisdom For The Matrimonial”
Elevated Wisdom Series
January 20, 2019
If you could do it again (or for the first time), where do you think the ideal setting would be for your wedding?
Proverbs 12:4, 17:9, 18:22, 19:13-14, 20:25, 21:19, 27:15-16, 31:3
Main idea: In marriage is the gospel message
4 Reasons to NOT Get Married:
1. Your spouse can hurt you like no other
2. There is no escape in marriage
3. Bad singleness is better than a bad marriage
4. You cannot change your spouse
5 Marriage Principles
1. Forgiveness is non-negotiable
2. Highly value your spouse
3. Marry for character
4. Weight the responsibilities of marriage 5. Be realistic
Questions for discussion
- What do you think contributes to today’s high divorce rate?
- Do you think King Solomon was too negative about marriage? Why or why not?
- Which of the five marriage principles do you think gets ignored the most? Why?
- Which of the five marriage principles do you ignore the most (if married)? Which of the five do you think you’d struggle with most (if single)? Why?
Connect Groups Info: If you are interested in NAC small groups please contact Jan Dyck at 250-323-3777 or [email protected].