Connect Groups Study Notes
Strengthening Relationships Series
September 23, 2018
What makes an acceptable apology for you? Why?
Ephesians 1:4-5, 7-8; I Corinthians 1:8-9,
Isaiah 43:25; Psalm 130:4; Colossians 3:13
Main idea: Forgiveness requires more than you think
Forgiveness is not: 1) Forgetting 2) Earned 3) Reconciliation 4) A feeling
What can we know?
1. The motive for forgiveness
2. The order of forgiveness
3. The practice of forgiveness
4. The grace of forgiveness
5. The result of forgiveness
What can we do?
1. Keep relationships your primary goal
2. Choose to forgive freely and quickly
3. Make the first move
Questions for discussion
What do you think makes forgiving difficult at times?
When do you know you have forgiven someone?
- Read the above scriptures out loud together. Take a moment of silence. Ask the Spirit to show you if there is anyone you need to forgive. Now, what did He say (if anything)? How will you respond?
- Take another moment of silence. Ask the Spirit to show you if there is anyone who needs to forgive you. Now, what did He say (if anything)? How will you respond?
Connect Groups Info: If you are interested in NAC small groups please contact Jan Dyck at 250-323-3777 or [email protected].